ARMS CONTROL POLICY
ISSUANCE/RENEW OF LICENSES.
1. Issuance of Licenses.
A. Fresh License
Only one weapon as per Positive List (Annex-A), provided no licence is already held.
1. Income Taxi Agriculture Tax payers.
2. Officers of Armed Forces/Civil Officers of BPS-I? and above.
3. Foreign Diplomats (on the recommendations of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs).
4. Registered Security Companies.
5. Professionals including Doctors, Engineers and Lawyers.
6. Any other Organization/group/individual with the approval of Minister for Interior.
7. All Pakistan licences to be issued by Ministry of Interior only.
8. Maximum quota of 40 licences per month for Karachi and Lahore Districts, 30 for Hyderabad, Sukkur, Multan, Faisalabad, Peshawar Districts -and 20 per month for other Districts.
9. All new arms licences to be approved by Home Secretary on recommendation of DCO s concerned.
B. Gratis Arms Licenses
1. Recipients of Civil, Military awards.
2. Weapon gifted by the President/Services Chiefs to the
3. Retiring General Officers.
4. Persons entitled under Schedule-I ofAni1s Rules, 1924.
C. Issuance on Inheritance Basis.
On demise of licencee, his legal heirs can nominate one of the family members to inherit the weapon for which the death certificate of licencee and an affidavit from the family member nominating him for issuance of .licence on inheritance basis is required.
D. Duplicate License
In case of loss or damage of the licence booklet, duplicate copy is issued by the issuing authority after obtaining following documents in support :-
1. Copy of the FIR/Police Report.
2. Bank Certificate indicating renewal record.
3. Entry record of licence/weapon being maintained by DCO concerned.
2. Renewal of Licenses.
a. Validity of License:
1st January to 31st December with a grace period of one month for renewal.
b. Renewal and Penalties:
After the expiry of grace period but before the lapse of three months licence is renewed by the concerned National Balik of Pakistan by imposing fine at the rate of Rs. 5/- per month:
On the lapse of six months, the licence is renewed by licincing authority on payment of four times the renewal fee.
The Licenses for prohibited bore weapons issued during the period 1-12-1988 to 20-8-1990 have been canceled except following:-
2.Members of Provincial Assembly
3.Chairman District Council.
4.Chairman Municipal Corporations
5.Government Servants in BPS-17 and above.
A List of Prohibited Bore (PB) and Non Prohibited Bore (NPB) weapons is shown below.
1. Shotgun.12/.14/.16 bore including pump action non automatic.
2. Revolvers/pistols All bores.
3. Rifles.22 bore non automatic